Monday, May 12, 2008

Just a few more photos

While awaiting more photos from my sisters and brother, I thought I'd pop a few more photos onto the blog. These are some of my fond memories, first a couple from my bar mitzvah and then a few more-modern images.


The two at the top are, first, of my aunts and uncles at the time of my 13th birthday.

The next is a shot of my cousins and our grandmother.

It was a big day in my life and, thankfully, so many were there to share in it with me.

Above is a shot of my clan as pictured at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay in the last couple of years of the 20th Century. For those on the Left Coast, pictured are, clockwise from left, daughter Jenny, wife Catherine, Mom, daughter Kim, daughter Aimee and daughter Karen, plus, of course, myself in the middle. I've been in the middle of a lot between them all, but that's another story.

Then are a couple of nice shots of Catherine and myself.

The one at the waterfall, right, was shot about a dozen or so years ago while visiting friends Mary Ann Murdoch and Ted Hoffman at their former home in the western mountains of South Carolina.

They've since moved back to Florida and now live in Lakeland. Mary Ann works at the Lakeland Ledger and also teaches at the University of Central Florida and Ted is an editor at the Tampa Tribune.

The final shot is of Catherine and I at Kennedy Space Center, in the fairly new Apollo pavillion in which a full Saturn V rocket, the one that, sadly, never went into space due to budget cuts, is on display. It's one of my favorite places to visit, since I am such a space buff.

I'll add more photos in the coming days, and I'm sure some of them will be of my family out West, so those of you up on the Eastern Seaboard will be able to see who I'm talking about when I mention folks.

Also, this coming weekend Catherine and I plan to visit my cousin Arlene in Sarasota. This will be the first face-to-face meeting with the lost branch of my family.

I'm looking forward to the visit.

No comments: